Explore career opportunities with Conplant. From engineering, to operations, parts and customer service.
It takes an enormous team effort to maintain the level of service that those in the industry have come to expect from Conplant.
Find out more below and join the team.
Field Service Mechanic, Perth
We are currently seeking a Field Service Mechanic to join our busy team based in our branch at Malaga, WA.
Conplant is the largest compaction specialist in Australia and offers the most diverse and comprehensive range of compaction solutions including hire, sales, parts and service. Conplant also distributes the world-renowned range of Wacker Neuson equipment including excavators, telehandlers, dumpers and general construction equipment.
We’ve got a fully equipped workshop where we carry out all aspects of service, maintenance and major repairs to compaction equipment large and small servicing our hire fleet and our customers needs.
Our equipment partnerships with Wacker Neuson, Track Pads and Deutz give our customers access to a large array of parts, all backed by our relentless focus on customer service.
We pride ourselves on the best equipment, the latest technology, genuine customer service and we are a family-owned company with a great team environment.
The purpose of the role is to undertake fault diagnosis, repair and scheduled servicing in Conplant’s workshop, actioning all associated follow up activities and paperwork to ensure the proactive and safe maintenance of Conplant’s hire fleet to minimise customer downtime and contribute to the maintenance of Conplant’s hire revenue.
The successful candidate will have the following skills;
- Mechanical Trade Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology.
- Minimum 12 months practical workshop experience, ideally on compaction and/or construction equipment.
- Practical experience of and a willingness to follow well established workplace health and safety and quality assurance procedures.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail.
- An organised, methodical approach.
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively whilst managing multiple priorities.
- Efficiency orientation, looking for best use of resources.
- Proactive, able to engage in proactive behaviour and exercise initiative.
- Results orientation, focusing attention on key objectives and achieving effective outcomes.
- Ability to work regular overtime.
- A flexible ‘can-do’ attitude with a willingness and ability to work as part of a medium size team.
- Current driving licence and ideally a Medium Rigid licence is also desirable.
- Computer literacy is required for use of Microsoft Office and in-house software systems.
- Licences to operate plant and equipment, eg forklift would be desirable.
Find a branch near you
With 10 branches across Australia, you’re never far from our huge range of parts and equipment, friendly team and award-winning customer service.